Thursday, January 28, 2010

Leather Jackets In Canada I Have A New Black Leather Jacket. The Color Easily Rubs Off On Everything. How Can I Stop This?

I have a new black leather jacket. The color easily rubs off on everything. How can I stop this? - leather jackets in canada

The color is removed, even with 2 or 3 passes with a roller Towell. If it is wet, so much the worse. I have tried spraying them with protective leather, but that does not work. I can not go back, I bought in the U.S. and I'm away in Canada, thousands of miles. It is a beautiful jacket and would like to fix before the winter.

6 comments:

shadowma... said...

We encourage you to contact with a cleaning and ask. You may have the answer.

Patricia M said...

Then you are stuk. With an imine cheap leather jacket. If worse moisten probly can not go back. What I do is take the jacket, leaving everything in a large pot or bath immersion in cold water, drain, and then some. then wash 2 or 3 times, only with cold water, this means all the dye and turn a colored jacket, do it with my dark clothes. if necessary. Then they hang side by side and dry on a hanger. Fluff it occasionally. Good luck Pem

Abby M said...

First, I wash with saddle soap. You can buy in most grocery stores. It will foam and the excess dye. I then polish with a leather storage or mink oil. This is a big task, but should work. Good luck.

Abby M said...

First, I wash with saddle soap. You can buy in most grocery stores. It will foam and the excess dye. I then polish with a leather storage or mink oil. This is a big task, but should work. Good luck.

rcoffutt said...

Put some baby oil on them

idamahn said...

I have news for you the sun will not fade, Leat. This is a faux fur jacket.

TFTP

Post a Comment